Many people would like to be their own boss. They want to be able to choose the type of work they do, the hours they work and more importantly, be in control of how much they can earn. Many will dream, some will try, but only a few will succeed. What allows those who succeed do so, is a mixture of personal attributes, skill set and determination. The good news for aspiring entrepreneurs like yourself is that many of these skills and attributes and can be taught or self-learned. In, 'The Skills And Knowledge Required To Run A Business’, we’ll help you identify what success means for you, teach you the techniques to spot what your strengths and weaknesses are and how you can go about addressing them. With this understanding in place, you’ll be in a better position to fulfil your dream of running your own digital business. What you will learn…
- What success looks like for a digital business.
- Your personal needs for running the business.
- Your financial needs to allow you to work for yourself.
- The knowledge and skills required to run a digital business.
- The personal attributes and behaviours you need.
- Ways of identifying your skills, knowledge and attribute gaps.
- Methods of creating a development plan to address those gaps.
- Skills And Knowledge Required?
Being aware of the personal commitment that is needed to run a business is vitally important. Some people will have ideas that being their own boss allows them to dictate everything about their working day, but that only happens in a very few number of cases. Early on, it will require you to work harder than you’ve ever done before and probably earn less too. The good news is that there’s never been a better time to start your own business and with the right levels of commitment, a profitable and successful digital business is on the cards. Remember as you go through to make your own notes on which skills you think you need to develop, to give you the best chance of success.